What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer, smartphone or tablet when you access a website. It allows the website to recognise the individual’s device and store information about that individual’s preferences or previous actions.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. However, a session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Our website uses both “session” and “persistent”.
- When you visit our Website,
- When you use our Services,
- Your browser type and version,
- Your operating system,
- Other similar information.
Formilla Live Chat
We use this live chat to help individuals whilst they are using our website. Both session and persistent cookies are used by this software.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
The use of Google Analytics allows us to track statistical and other information, which will help us create a better user experience.
Most browsers will allow you to refuse cookie use, for example:
- Internet Explorer’s latest version allows you to block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”
- To block cookies in the latest version of Firefox you need to click “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”
- In Chrome, you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading
We should remind you that blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on your user experience, as sections of our website may become unavailable to you.
You do also have the option to delete cookies already stored on your computer, here’s how in each browser:
- For Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files, to do this please follow this link.
- To delete cookies in Firefox, you must click “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”
- In Chrome you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
Alike blocking cookies, deleting them will also have a negative impact on your user experience, and may cause sections of our website to become available to you.
Cookie management tools from your browser won’t remove Flash cookies.