FIVE CRM

FIVE CRM

Growing Your Small Business Through Email Marketing

Growing Your Small Business Through Email Marketing

Emails are one of the most effective ways of marketing and also have a wide reach, allowing companies to get closer to their audience. Not only is it preferred by customers, but is also ranked the highest in ROI as compared to other marketing strategies.

It is a cost effective and simple way to get the message across, while retaining customers, getting new ones and creating brand awareness. Here’s how you can grow your small business with email marketing.

Don’t send too many emails

Make a note of the frequency of your emails being sent. It is a good idea to maintain a balance and not send too many to create an information overload, or too few that your reader just forgets about you.

The best way to tackle a good email marketing campaign would be to set a plan for when each email should go out every week. Have a set date and time so that readers who do follow you, know when to look forward to your emails. Sending too many or too few emails can lead to a higher rate of unsubscribes.

Make sure emails provide content not just sales pitches

Emails should not be just a marketing platform, but instead should also help in adding some value to the readers. While emails are a great way to get your products and services out to the target audience, they can also be used to establish yourself as an ‘authority’ and create a following of reader, leading to better marketing opportunities in the long run.

In fact, you should use the 80/20 rule, where 80 percent of the email’s content should be solely value adding content, whereas the remaining 20 percent can be information about your company.

By always just providing a sales pitch in every email, you stand to risk losing readers over time as well, since every reader wants to gain something from the emails they are reading, and just sales jargon wouldn’t cut it.

Test email campaigns</strong

Without testing, sending any email is like taking a shot in the dark. You may think it’s the right time, the right content and the right audience, but without actually having the analysis to prove so, you are most probably wrong

It is critical to analyze and go over how each email you sent did. How many people opened it? How many people then went on to click on your company website? How long was the average reading time per person? What’s the rate of conversion? These questions can help in narrowing down how you should handle your email marketing.

Opportunity for possible discounts

Emails are also a great way to get discounts and sales out to your customers and targeted audience. Who doesn’t love free stuff? Getting a special offer is not just a happy surprise for your reader, but can also be an initiation towards ordering their first product from you.

Customers also want to get the best for what they are spending and discounts and offers are a great way to attract more audience.

Send the email at the correct time

It is imperative to send your email out at the right time. You would think that you can send an email at any given time, and the reader would just get to it when they have the time, but that’s completely wrong! With the high number of newsletters and marketing emails every reader gets, chances are yours has been swept under hundreds of others.
This is why sending the email at the right time is necessary so that readers can open it on time. The ‘right time’ changes from industry to industry, and the best way to ascertain it to analyses your email campaign.

According to studies, it has been determined that on average the best time to send emails that have the highest conversion rates is post work hours between 8 pm to midnight.

Keep building your email list

A list that is constantly growing is a healthy one, and one with no new subscribers can only lead you to a rut. As your readers grow, awareness about your products and services will also grow.

In order to gain more subscribers, it is important to keep your content fresh and relevant. You can also have interactive activities like having the option of readers comment on your blogs, newsletter sign up boxes with preferences, rewards and discounts or free e-books and webinars.

Overall, spending a little time and energy into setting up your email campaign and determining what is working for you can do wonders in the long run, and can make email marketing easier over time as well. Not only will this form of marketing help attract more customers, but also grow your small business and increase profits.

With FIVE CRM, designing, testing and delivering emails is made easy. Why not book a demo with us to see for yourself?

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*